Saturday, June 09, 2007

Star Trek and Star Wars books

Missy emailed me the other day, she was cleaning out the basement and found a bunch of Star Trek books. She wanted to know what I wanted her to do with them. I suggested eBay, but I don't know if that happened.

Tara brought home a list of Star Wars books from the library. (They got it off Wikipedia.) It was sort of surprising how short the list was. (Ok, it's long, but not that long.) There are about a billion Star Trek books, a lot fewer Star Wars books.

I guess Star Trek has 5 TV show series (not counting the cartoon) and the 400 movies they made to work from, Star Wars only has the 6 movies and the "Clone Wars" cartoon shorts. (Coming soon to the top of my Netflix queue...)

Maybe the Star Wars books are more tightly controlled than the Star Trek books. Who knows. Who knows?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W344tHoOr-k