Thursday, August 30, 2007

Cable service

We have cable service again, every can come and visit us now.

The guy came yesterday, and was here installing the the early afternoon. I got in 1 1/2 baseball games yesterday before the evening.

The service seems nice, it has more channels for the buck than Comcast had. It also has a channel guide, and you can mark shows on the guide, so when it's time for a show to start that you want to see, it will change the channel for you. (We did this last night to catch the Superhero gadget episode of Mythbusters.) Maybe that's how Comcast is now, but it's too late for them.

Tara was able to get the little girls to help with their chores this morning, so they were able to watch a couple of shows on Disney. They seemed pleased. Hopefully it will be just the motivation they need to do their chores. (Several of the girls have been resisting...)

We changed our phone service at the same time, Comcast had finally figured out a way to try to force us to pay more for the service we had, so I switched. (For one, our current provider does a package for phone, tv, and internet. I also had no plans to retain the comcast service, it seemed to me that paying them more just because they said I should was the wrong thing to do. I waited until nearly the very last minute, I figure Comcast spent about $20 total trying to tell me about the change and trying to get me to "upgrade" my service.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you have casble, but not with comcast, so who is it with then?

jjp said...

Mstar