Friday, August 03, 2007

Lots of food

We bought nearly $200 in groceries at Costco yesterday. This shouldn't surprise anyone, it's very easily done in that place. Tonight, I went to Maceys and bought nearly $200 in groceries there also. (In less than an hour.)

While I was shopping, there was a guy, his wife, and their baby. The guy kept getting stuff he wanted to buy, and his wife kept telling him he couldn't get stuff. At one point I heard her tell him "This is the reason I don't shop with you. We don't need all this stuff. Why do you keep grabbing things?"

Anyway, I somehow ended up right behind them at the checkout. I was putting my stuff up there, he said "That's my kind of stuff. Look what he's getting!" (I had TV dinners, meat, chips, fruit snacks, etc.)

They were also impressed at the volume. I didn't tell them about the trip to costco yesterday.

1 comment:

~ Amy said...

I am still the wife with the baby who won't shop with the husband for the exact same reason. Somehow our bill doubles when Mr. Amy comes to help grocery shop.