Friday, August 24, 2007

Me - 3 Mice - not sure

Last night I went out to get some glue traps. The package I bought had 4 of them in it.

I baited the things with peanut butter. One went under the sink with the 2 snap traps, one went behind the bathroom sink, one went under the bookshelf in the front hallway, and one went behind my bedroom door.

Within an hour or two, the bathroom one had moved. I didn't know if it was one of the girls that did it, but there ended up being a set of little mouse footprints on it. This mouse had gotten away. I put the trap back.

This morning when I got up, I looked behind the bedroom door. The trap was gone. I found it 12 feet away in the hallway, it looks like the mouse put up quite a fight, but got away from that one also.

The trap under the bookshelf was undisturbed. The trap under the sink had a mouse, and the snap trap right next to it also had a mouse. Hopefully what happened was that Houdini was trying to teach the other mouse about glue traps and how to get away from them, and in the fray after the stunt didn't work, Houndini got knocked into the snap trap.

The traps are now in the kitchen, bathroom, and under the bookcase. Hopefully we don't have any more mice in the house, and if we do, hopefully "The Brain" is now gone, and all we are left with are "pinkys", so they walk into the traps...

1 comment:

Mom said...

Yikes! I think I'll stay at Drew's when we come out next month....... I hate mice!