Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Male horses can be mudders, Cats can be mousers, it's all so confusing...

Last night I spotted a mouse in the house. Our old neighbors to the West always complained about mouse problems when they lived there, and Tara says our neighbors to the East have had some recent mouse problems over there, but until now, our house has been mouse free.

I went last night and got a couple of traps, the mouse I was looking to catch was a brown mouse. This morning, we were awakened to the sound of Mary screaming. It turned out that she woke up, and went into the bathroom, and the little brown mouse had come in under the door on her. Mary has been a little skittish ever since.

I checked the traps, and caught a little gray mouse. I hope there is just 2 of them. I went looking in the basement, and didn't really find anything, I also couldn't find where they were getting in. (Tara thinks it could be from all the doors we have had open lately. One door was propped open for about 3 hours yesterday while the girls played outside..) There we 2 holes in the kitchen, and one in the bathroom where the mice could have come up from the basement, these holes are all now plugged with steel wool. I'm not sure what else to do, and can't find the hiding spot for the stupid little thing...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

get a glue trap and put a thin strip of peanut butter in the middle so that the mouse has to get on the trap to get the food. Works every time. My kids left the door open and we ended up with a mouse family. I caught 14 total mice and threw out half of my food storage because teh mice chewed through the vinyl pouches from the cannery lloking for food, We now get cans only and anything the mice can chew through are in cooler chests and or closed rubbermaid garbage cans

Mom said...

Yup, I agree. The sticky traps are the way to go. Caution, though, you will find them permanently stuck to the trap, but still very much alive... could cause more trauma.

~ Amy said...

We had the same problem with mice and our food storage. The glue traps were the only things that worked for us and they worked very quickly. Poor Mary.

Dave said...

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ga/1992/ga920220.gif