Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008 Goals

Ok, this year, I'm going to really try to get these done:
  1. Post a goal update to the blog at least twice a month. The last 2 years I petered out in the middle. I think this hurt the effort to finish things.
  2. Don't let a post go by without some progress to report. The first goal doesn't count. Hopefully the combination of the first and second will motivate me to get moving at times...
  3. Stain the play set. This is gonna take some work when it warms up, I'm not sure how I will get to the top of the thing...
  4. Finish the retaining wall. No time to put this off this year, It really needs to happen.
  5. Finish the mission journal. Maybe if I keep saying this, it will really happen.
  6. Build a bunk bed for Emma and Ruth. Maybe we can fit 5 girls in that little bedroom.
  7. Stay under the 210 weight. When I get off this diet, I have to see what happens, but this goal is better than trying to lose weight, I'm at least trying to maintain where I'm at now.
  8. Go to the temple at least once a month. It's only a mile up the road. It might be easier if I had some Family File names to take with me.
  9. Take Tara somewhere for our 10th wedding anniversary. She will have survived 10 years with me, that deserves something special. I'm think September or October, really. If it's out of the country, we need to plan ahead to get passports.
  10. Read 18 books. 14 last year, I didn't do any reading in the last couple of months, so it's not like this is impossible at all, I just need to get busy.
  11. Plant something other than tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, green beans and peas. Our garden needs more variety...

3 comments:

Mom said...

In an effort to support you in your goals, I offer to watch the girls while you complete goal #9. However, I'm thinking that instead of goal #6, you should really put some serious thought into getting a bigger house.... those girls are going to be teenagers before long. One bathroom and 2 small bedrooms are going to create a WWIII situation right in your home.....

DREW said...

NEW HOUSE? I KNOW OF A REAL NICE ONE FOR SALE WHERE YOU WOULD ONLY HAVE 2 GIRLS IN EACH ROOM. AND THEY WOULD HAVE PLAY MATES RIGHT NEXT DOOR.

KayStar said...

i third the motion of what pam said about the house thing... PLEASE TARA! ha ha ha