Saturday, January 05, 2008

A 4 hour tour

This morning I went out to go make some copies for a Stake Conference letter. We wanted one copy for each household in the Stake, so I had some work to do. I left the house about 30 minutes after it started snowing pretty hard, there was ice underneath 2 inches of snow by the time I left.

I got to the Stake Center, and figured out how many households were in each ward. The Library copier is brand new, I figured it would copy faster than the one in the Stake offices, so I went over to it and started 500 copies. I started doing 50 copies at a time on the Stake copier, and 100 at a time on the printer off the Stake Computer. After the 500 copies were done, I realized that I would have to count out the number of copies. I could have just done 179 copies for one ward, then done 154 for the next, 134 after that, and not have to had done all that counting. I guess I'm just slow sometimes.

Anyway, we promised the Bishops on Wednesday they would have this stuff before Sunday. Our ward switches to 9am tomorrow, so I didn't want to wait until tomorrow to deliver them. By the time I got done making copies, the roads were very bad. One Bishop lives up a very long drive, I wasn't able to get all the way up it, and had to walk up to the door, then I had to just roll down the drive backwards to get out. Another Bishop lives in a condo complex, I couldn't get back out the drive, I had to go back around the condos, and gun it going straight to get out. About halfway through the deliveries, I decided that people had to either be crazy or stupid to be out in it.

After the deliveries, I went to the store to get some stuff. I loaded the truck, and remembered that I was going to get multi vitamins, so I went back into the store, but after I realized that the keys got locked in the car with the groceries. It was nearly 2pm, I called Missy to see when Steve was headed into work, hoping he could bring me the spare set, she said he had just left. (Drew had made me a spare set of keys for the truck last week when he took it to buy housing materials. Talk about timing.) I borrowed Steve's car to get the keys, As I was coming up to the front door, Tara called me to find out what happened to me.

Anyway, by the time I got back to the store, it had warmed up, everything was melting. The keys were underneath a bag of groceries...

No comments: