Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dial M for Murder

On Thursday, we went with Matt and Talia over to campus to watch the play "Dial M for Murder". It had been long enough since I had seen the movie that I didn't really remember all the details before had, which I think was good.

The play was well done, I really liked the way they did the set. They had the apartment, with a little bedroom on one end, and a little porch on the other. The set rotated back and forth, so when the scene had its important part in the bedroom, they rotated the set around so everyone saw the bedroom. (Even when there was dialog in the main part of the apartment, the important piece was in the bedroom, and the rotation focused you on it.)

The only other thing to say about it was it was a little surprising that they chose to include cigarettes and drinking in a play on campus. It is the first time I can remember then portraying a cigarette in someones mouth. They were trying to get the feel of the era, I just thought it was interesting to note...

No comments: