Friday, October 24, 2008

My new remote is great!

So, I talked to John P at work about trying to program the remote. I was explaining how I was trying to program all the buttons for the DVR, John's response was "You are trying to do all the buttons at the same time? I did them one at a time, and saved each one. I didn't have a problem doing it that way."

I hadn't considered programing just one button. I thought I would have to set everything up at the same time.

Anyhow, it only took me a little over a half hour to program all the buttons while verifying they were working. Piece of cake. The remote has 10 preprogram buttons, so you can program your favorite channels. They also had tons of stickers for different channels. We now have a fully functional remote that can work the TV and all the devices plugged into it. (Except the Wii, of course.) It's really nice.

I have one extra slot for something. In the spring I will try record the air conditioner remote to see if I can get that to work. I might also try getting some sort of remote for the lights in the back room, and try that on the new remote...

No comments: