Thursday, October 02, 2008

Jelly Legs

Tom came over late tonight to help me get the truck back home from the girls school. The school is about a 1/2 mile from the house, but it is mostly downhill from the school to here, so I had hopes that the 2 of us would be able to do it.

It took a lot of strength to get the truck out of the parking lot. We really had to push hard to get the thing to the street. Once we were in the street, we drove (or glided, with style) down the median. We didn't need to push once we were on the street, I think we got up to 15 or 20 miles an hour going downhill. Fortunately, both of the lights stayed green, so I didn't have to decide whether to run the light or not. (Does it count as running if you are pushing the car? It's more like coasting the light.)

When we got to our street, the traffic had cleared, and there were no pedestrians, so we took the corner "full" speed, and coasted almost all the way down to our house. We just had to push it a little more to get it to the house. It ended up being quite a bit easier than I was expecting, really.

Now I've got a little bit of jelly legs from pushing so hard. I guess I'm getting weak and soft.

No comments: