Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"dining room" floor

Monday night, Adam and I went over to Home Depot to look around. They had Dupont 'Classic Touch' laminate floor on sale for about $20 off per case. It was only $4 more per case than the Home Depot generic laminate that I was considering getting to put together a floor for the table we bought. I had looked at chair mats, but to get one that was thick enough and big enough would have cost big bucks. The case just a little bigger than the others that they sell, and it ended up being big enough that I only needed 2 cases.


The laminate I got is very nice. It is about twice as thick as the generic laminate. It looks really nice.


Tonight after Stake meetings, I put the floor together. It only took about an hour, thanks to the miter saw I borrowed from Drew. The floor is just about the right size for the table when it is pulled out to the right spot. I might add 2 feet more, but I would need an extra case of flooring, and the 2 feet is not worth the cost.


We might purchase some sort of edging for the little floor, but for now I will leave it like it is. Now I have to make the other bench, sand and paint both of them, and we can have a normal family dinner. Or at least as normal as any dinner can get with 6 kids...

No comments: