Sunday, October 26, 2008

I am not allowed to talk to Ruth anymore

At church this morning, I was holding Adam, Tara was holding Lily. Ruth came over and wanted to sit on my lap. I didn't want her climbing up on my lap and knocking Adam down, so I suggested that she maybe go sit in the pew in front of us in Sister Taylor's lap. Next thing I know, Ruth has taken off to the other side of the chapel to sit with her preschool teacher. All she needed was a perceived permission, and she was off. She sat over there the entire meeting.

This evening, the girls were talking about the fact that they didn't have school tomorrow. Emma wasn't sure at first, I told her I could take her over there in the morning, she could play on the playground all morning until the normal time to leave school, then come back home. Ruth demanded to be allowed to go play on the playground tomorrow morning with Emma. Tara may have a hard time convincing her otherwise tomorrow.

I'm not allowed to say anything to Ruth anymore. I should have gotten in my "Elephant and Rhino" joke before my banishment...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's the Rhino joke?

jjp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jjp said...

The joke is: "What do you get when you cross an Elephant and a Rhino?"

jjp said...

Elephino...

Anonymous said...

nice one.