Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Filling in the gaps from the vacation

So, here's what else we did this past week:
  • Rob and Amy came in Wednesday morning. Russ got in Wednesday afternoon. Jonathan and Amber got in Wednesday night.
  • We played plenty of Wii games, mostly Dance Dance Revolution, Mario Kart Wii, Star Wars Legos, and Wii Sports.
  • We spent some time in the house pool. At one point, we had a good game of Horse going. (I think Jonathan won.) We also played a good game of water animal basketball. (Rob claims to have won that one.)
  • On Wednesday and Thursday, I had a very lucky streak going. I could not lose a game of spades. Try as they might, I kept winning. We played until about 3:30 in the morning, waiting for me to lose. I eventually did lose at some point during the weekend.
  • We played a game called "Killer Bunnies" which was hilarious at 4 in the morning.
  • The house was supposed to have a King, a Queen, a Double, and 2 twin beds. The Queen bed ended up being a double. We made due. On the 30th, the cleaning service came to clean the place. They said we were supposed to be out of there and called the owner. He little confused when I talked to him, and also thought we were supposed to be out. I had a copy of the email confirming our reservation. I wasn't too worried about it, we were right, they were wrong. The owner called back 15 minutes later to apologize. (Which was good, since we already had the contract, and I had a lawyer with me...) It turned out the schedule with the cleaning service was messed up.
  • Other games we played: Pitch, Catan, Cities and Knights of Catan, Guillotine, The bean game (Not sure if that was the name), Carcisonne, Ticket to Ride. (There might be others.) Jonathan and I also played 2 hands of Gin Rummy, but I went up 120 points to zero. We didn't finish the game.
  • It was really, really nice to relax, visit with those guys, and have a good time. It was a very good vacation.

Here is a short video of Dance Dance Revolution action.

No comments: