Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Maybe I am just faking it

I woke up this morning not feeling well. Really, I haven't been feeling well for the better part of the last week. I haven't been eating good. Last week we had lunches brought in for work, and I definitely ate somethings that upset my stomach. On Saturday, on the way up to get Drew and Kaylyn from the airport, I had a bag of "Inferno Peanuts" and a diet Dr. Pepper. By the time we got home, the peanuts and drink were competing with each other for attention in my gut. I had a very upset stomach all night long. (Ruth tried a couple of the peanuts this morning. I tried to get her not to do it, but she didn't listen. A little tear came to her eye, but she refused to say it was spicy for about 10 minute...)

Anyhow, last Thursday and Friday I likely would not have gotten out of bed had we not had a consultant at work. Tara had to convince me Friday. This morning I woke up not feeling well. I didn't get moving very fast, and Tara ended up leaving Adam with me at home while she took the girls up to Pumpkin Land.

I eventually got out of bed, got cleaned up and started feeling like I could maybe go to work when Tara got back. Then she suggested that we use one of the restaurant coupons for lunch that were expiring at the end of the week. We went to Sizzler. (Much, much, much better than the Kissimmee Florida Ponderosa, by the way.) I tried to limit what I ate so that I didn't get sick, but I think the beef sirloin stew did me in. Or the breaded chicken things. Or something. Anyhow, by the end of the meal, I was not feeling well again. I had planned to try the corn chowder, but by the time I got around to looking at it, I was in no mood to try the corn chowder.

I ended up not doing anything the rest of the afternoon. (By not doing anything I mean sitting on the couch fooling around with my laptop. I fixed it Monday morning, so it is only natural that I be fiddling with the thing 36 hours later...) By about 5pm I started feeling a little better, so I got ready and went off to Stake interviews.

Long story short, I think the past month or so has upset the balance in my system again. Too much eating things I shouldn't. Too little walking to work. I have had a lot of "high pain" days in the last month. I think I should get an appointment visit with the doctor, he will likely put me back on that really annoying diet. Just in time for the holidays again.

No comments: