Saturday, March 12, 2011

Apple Tree!


This week at Costco, they had fruit trees for sale. They were $10 for regular trees, and $15 for trees that had grafts of differing types of fruits on them. $15 for a fruit tree seemed like a pretty good deal to me, so we got a combo apple tree. (They had plum and cherry as well, but those seemed kind of messy...)


I planted the tree yesterday. Hopefully the kids will let it grow a bit. I don't know if it's in the best place that it could be, but it's in a corner of the yard, and gets full sun just about the entire day, so we will see what happens. (The second picture is kind of hard to see.)

The tree has a branch each of Honeycrisp, Fuji, Gala, and Golden Delicious apples. I don't know if the trunk is one of those, or if it's a fifth variety. We will just have to see.

1 comment:

~ Amy said...

Honeycrisp is my favorite type of apple. Sounds like a great little tree - lots of variety.