Friday, March 18, 2011

Kate's play


Kate had a play last night for her class. It sounds like her teacher is a fan of depressing WWII plays. (I'm not sure there are really 'happy' WWII plays...) This one was about a concentration camp for children. Before the presentation last night, the teacher was telling everyone about how her entire class was in tears after a performance on Wednesday night. Is it really a good thing to have your entire class of 11 and 12 year old kids in tears? Isn't that something that could be considered at least on the road to emotional abuse? (Maybe that's too inflammatory of a statement. I'm sure if I said that at the school, I would end up in a meeting with the principal, the teacher, and likely someone from the district, and I am sure the school doesn't want that...)


Anyway, Kate says she is ok, she seems to be, I guess. She was "Child #6", and had a few lines. Any other time she was on stage, her part was to look scared, sad, wishful, and more sad. She did a pretty good job.

No comments: