Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pi day (Yesterday)

Yesterday was Pi day. A couple of days ago, Kate asked if we were having pie for pi day. It had the start of the "teen aged daughter voice" to it, but not completely in that voice. (I'm not sure what that completely means going forward, but I do know that I am edging ever closer to having a teenager in the house...)


Anyway, for dinner last night we had shepherd's pie and lemon meringue pie. Reviews were mixed in the house, but reviews are mixed in the house for every meal.

What makes this noteworthy? It's the fact that I went to the store to get the lemon pie, and the shelves at the store with the frozen pies were in large measure empty. They tried moving the pies to the front and standing them up for a bunch of them so it looked like the shelves were still stocked. (Empty looking shelves are bad?) There had been a run on frozen pies yesterday. That's how I know I live in a nerd town. (Says the man that was also at the store buying a pie for Pi day...)

No comments: