Sunday, June 01, 2008

2008 Goal update

  1. Post a goal update to the blog at least twice a month. 10 updates - Right on schedule.
  2. Don't let a post go by without some progress to report. Progress here, and non-Progress. Not sure if it cancels itself out or not
  3. Stain the play set. Complete. Put it in the books
  4. Finish the retaining wall. I bought a bunch of stone of Friday afternoon, and extended the wall another 11 feet. The stone place doesn't have much overrun material left, so if I finish now it might cost me more. They charged me less than a couple of years ago, so maybe paying retail for some of it keeps the cost balanced, but I will likely just do what I can and come back another time for more stone. (The 50 cent price point is very, very nice.)
  5. Finish the mission journal. No progress.
  6. Build a bunk bed for Emma and Ruth. Late Spring. Maybe I should have bought wood instead of stone this past week. But I didn't.
  7. Stay under the 210 weight. Current weight - 203.
  8. Go to the temple at least once a month. I was thinking about this earlier in the week, but then I kind of lost a couple of days there. And now it's June. That's 2 months out of 5 that I didn't go.
  9. Take Tara somewhere for our 10th wedding anniversary. Still looking for plane tickets to drop for September, but I've sunk $1000 into this trip to date...
  10. Read 18 books. 10 books completed so far, things should pick up more now that the city library has started their summer reading program...
  11. Plant something other than tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, green beans and peas.
  12. I replanted some seeds, but those didn't really start. If I see nothing coming up tomorrow, I will plant some inside to get some starters going. I'm talking Zucchini, Cucumbers, and Spagetti squash here, so it's not like we won't get production out of the plants at this point...

No comments: