Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I am an idiot

I have been trying to figure out where our money went since yesterday evening. We had less in our account than I thought we should have. It really didn't make sense. I went into our account this afternoon, and discovered the reason. Last Friday we got paid, and I sent out our mortgage payment. On Saturday, I realized that I hadn't paid the bills, and went through them paying them off. (We use online bill pay for as much as possible.) I also sent off the mortgage payment.

Yes, this means I paid the mortgage twice this month. That's where the missing money is. I went online to look at our mortgage account, they had both posts, and our next due date is August instead of July. I called them up to verify, the payment is applied to our July post, and we don't have to pay again until August. That means I can get the money back iff (That's "if and only if" for the non mathematically inclined) I remember to not pay the mortgage June 30 when we get paid...

No comments: