Thursday, June 12, 2008

Garden Wall update

Steve and Missy were over late this morning doing some laundry. They had planned to watch the girls for us while Tara had the baby. (At 12:30pm, I called over there. Tara is still 4th on the list for induction and there were no available beds. So much for the 6am trip to the hospital we were expecting. At the rate things are going, we will have ourselves a Friday the 13th baby, but that's not the point of this entry.)

When Steve and Missy got there, I was just getting ready to work on the wall. I still had 30 stones left to set. Steve helped, we ended up doing another 9 feet or so, but not to full height. I got to the point where I wanted the wall to start turning back towards the house. There is not enough dirt right now, so I didn't want to build the wall all the way up. The wall right now is just barely around the bend.

I can't do anything else at this point unless I get new stone. I need to call the place up in Lehi to see if they make Castlewall and see if they sell overruns, or just wait for the place here to make more stone and have more overruns. This last batch I got had a little bit of a tan tint on some parts of the stone, I think that's the only thing that made them overruns.

Doing the turn here is adding about 150 square feet to the garden, which is a lot, really. I will take part of it to put in a composting station, and we might do a little part for some other flowering tree and some flowers, but the rest of it will be garden space. There won't be any reason we can't plant corn, or anything, really.

No comments: