Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jury Duty

I got a jury summons today for federal court. My service is from September to December of this year. I hope they know what they are getting into. I don't know that anyone would want me to serve on a jury. Maybe I am wrong. I fully plan to try to pull the following 3 cards:
  • Brother who is a cop
  • Brother who is in the army
  • I'm a Unix Systems Engineer
I'm banking #3 is my ace in the hole. I suppose the fact that it's a federal jury means I it would be a Grand Jury, right?

3 comments:

Dave said...

What are they going through the Paynes for Federal cases? The case that I sat on the jury for was a federal case, and Mom got summoned for a federal case but was rejected. I think it would have said if it was for a grand jury. The brother is a cop and the brother in the army did not get me excused.

Mom said...

I'm betting it was "My son is Unix Systems Engineer" that got me excused....

Kaylyn said...

Um, relatives who are cops or in the army probably aren't enough to get you excused. And if it's an intellectual property case, I might want you on my jury with your background as a systems engineer. Just my two cents if I were doing the voir dire. Adam