Saturday, June 03, 2006

Certification exam

I took the first of 2 "HPUX Certified Systems Engineer" exams back in October of last year. (And passed it...) The second exam, HPUX Networking and Security, was at the time "Soon to be released. I talked to the guy whose team was developing the exam, he said that if the exam was not released by Christmas, contact them and ask about it. I did, because there was no sign of the exam, they said it would take "2 weeks." In the middle of January, they said "By the end of the month". I asked a few weeks ago, they said "May 31 the exam will be released." It may be released, but I don't see any sign of it yet. I wonder if it ever will be released.

There's no real reason for me to complete the certification, I'm just doing it. It's not like anything will be different at work, they know what I can do, are happy with it, and the cert does not give me a pay raise or anything. I may be doing it for myself more than anything else. It doesn't really matter if they never release the exam.

No comments: