Monday, June 19, 2006

Walking vs. Riding a bike vs. Riding the bus

I woke up this morning not really wanting to walk to work. It's not like there was really anything wrong, I was just feeling lazy. I even tried calling 2 people that drive by on their way in, but they didn't answer. After that, I sucked it up and walked to work. It really wasn't all that bad, really.

When I got to work, 2 people rode up on their bikes. I only briefly thought that it might be nice to ride in. Then I remembered how much I really don't like riding a bike...

This evening I walked by the bus stop by my office, a bus pulled up. I thought about how the bus only saves me 3/4 of a mile (half the length home), if the bus is right there, it shaves off 15 minutes, but if I have to wait, I could possibly get home faster by walking. It really isn't worth the bus pass just to get to and from work. (Plus during the school year I need to get people to their school before going to my office, then it's really not worth it...)

All in all, walking is not all that bad a way to get places. Of course, it's not raining, it's not frezzing, etc. I'm not asked to pack what I can carry and travel 1300 miles, things like that. But for going to or from work, even though I complain sometimes, it's not really that bad.

No comments: