Thursday, June 29, 2006

Movies

I am working from home today. I needed to get some work done without the millions of interruptions you get sitting at the desk in the office. I figure I can get 2 days worth of work in one day by being somewhere that no one bothers me.

So far so good, I got a lot done this morning. (just taking a short break...)

One thing that doesn't come under the heading "interruptions" is playing DVD's, listening to baseball, etc.

This morning I finally finished "2001: A Space Odessey". All I can say is equal parts interesting and weird. I don't remember the book(s) being all that weird, maybe I will have to go back and read them again.

I also just finished watching "New York Doll". It was a facinating show. It followed Arthur "Killer" Kane from the New York Dolls as he prepares and goes to a 'reunion' concert with his old band. He joined the church a few years before the concert, and the movie really does a good job showing the 2 different environments. It really is a compelling show.

Now I'm listening to a baseball game. All I have left to do today is permanently power down 3 servers, reinstall another, and update some documentation. I am nowhere near as far behind as I was this time yesterday...

No comments: