Monday, October 29, 2007

BMI (Body Mass Index)

I'm 2 pounds away from being overweight. This is not a bad thing.

The BMI is a ratio of weight to height. 18.5 to 25 is 'normal', 25 to 30 is 'overweight', and over 30 is 'obese'. This thing doesn't take into account things like "big boned" people, people with lots of muscle, people with lots of titanium in them, people with big heads or thick skulls, or people with inordinate amounts of hair on their bodies. (I'll let you figure out where I fit in here.)

If I lose 2 pounds, I will cross over from obese into overweight. Tara figures I could just get a haircut, that would take care of it. This should make the doctor that diagnosed me with acid reflux happy. She went off twice about how I needed to lose weight. (She told Drew he needed to gain weight. We're like 2 very strange bookends.)

I don't think I will even try to get down the the 'normal' range. I would have to lose 25 more pounds to get there, and would be under 180. I remember the last time I was down that low, it was when my gall bladder went nuts. I think I was not a "healthy skinny" back then. My target is maybe another 10 pounds...

No comments: