Sunday, October 07, 2007

Mission Reunion

We went up to my mission reunion on Friday night. The last one was 2 years ago, we tried to go, but the traffic was horrendous, we drove 5 miles in the first hour, so we ended up not making it all the way up there. (We had the girls with us, they were tired of being in the car.) Back then, we decided that the next time there was a reunion, we would leave very early for it, so we didn't get caught in traffic.

On Friday, we left at 4pm. The thing started at 7pm. We took the girls up there, and stopped at The Training Table restaurant to eat. (I always remembered the Taco Salad being better there. It wasn't all that great this time.)

We got to the reunion on time, there weren't nearly as many people there as last time. None of my old companions were there. (I only know where one of them is really. I have conjecture on 3 others, but everyone else has disappeared.) They had their photo albums there, we poked through them looking at pictures, I remembered missionaries that I had forgotten. One of their albums was a thing full of the wedding announcements they had received. They had one there for Elder Sutton, who is getting married in September.

It was good to see President and Sister Snow again, it's been a while. Before we left, Lily had each of them hold her. (She wanted to steal President's glasses.) President kept nearly calling the girls granddaughters, and caught himself. I guess they think of all of us missionaries as an extension of their family...

No comments: