Friday, October 19, 2007

CSI: preschool

Tara was gone all afternoon and well into the evening, mine was the task of keeping a 2 and 4 year old entertained during this time. (It helped that part of that was naptime.)

Before dinner, Emma helped me make cookies. We've got a tub of cookie dough mix from Costco, so it's pretty easily done. Emmas help consisted of wearing an apron and saying "you need 3 scoops for each cookie, Dad." Emma appears to enjoy really thick cookies.

After dinner we went outside to play. The first 1/2 hour was free play while I pruned bushes, but after that we started playing baseball. Baseball wasn't going all that well since the batters really weren't swinging the bat in any fashion that would ever produce a hit. (Normally I would throw the ball straight at the bat so that the ball bounces off the bat, producing the desired hit, but they were making it difficult.) I ended up sending the girls out to the grass, and hit the balls up in the air to have them catch them. This kept their attention for about a half hour. (When they were starting to get tired of it, I told them they could have cookies and ice cream if they caught one out of the air.)
After baseball, we had more free time. Just before we went in, I drew chalk outlines of the 2 girls, then Emma drew one of me... Emma is very proud of them.

No comments: