Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Working from home

Tara was sick today, she called me just after 10 to see if I could come home. I ended up 'watching' the kids while she tried to get some sleep. She has been able to sleep off and on for the better part of the day.

This evening I got a call from someone in town trying to get me to come in for a job interview. She was kind of sketchy on the details, but it sounded like the kind of thing that would involve trying to get people to do financial planning type stuff. I told her I wasn't interested. (Actually, I told her that my background was technical. She started babbling about them having a couple of guys that also helped out coding their application. (She missed the point) I told her I was a systems engineer, and didn't have the sales gene in me. She kept talking, so I told her I didn't think I was interested.

It's kind of nice to have the kind of job where if I need to, I can leave at 10am, work from home, have time to fill my duties in my calling, etc. It's not like I have to run out every chance I get and pick up odd jobs here and there all the time. We might not have all the things we want, but we definitely have the things we need.

No comments: