Thursday, October 18, 2007

The pain cycle

I've been working my way through 8 weeks of weekly high doses of Vitamin D to try to help out a vitamin D deficiency. I'm now at week 6. I take the medicine on Thursday evening. Here's how things go:

Friday through Sunday - things are ok.

Usually when I wake up on Monday morning, my shoulders start to hurt just a little. My back starts to hurt just a little. My ankle hurts a little more than normal.

By the end of the day Monday, my shoulders really start hurting, my neck hurts, and a headache starts.

When I wake up Tuesday, I have been waking up with very painful shoulders, and a really sore neck. From time to time my shoulders hurt so bad that I can not lift my hands over my head. My bad really hurts then. This continues like this off and on for the next 3 days, through Thursday. Sometimes my ankle hurts a ton. Sometimes my knees hurt. The headache doesn't go away.

On Thursday evening, I take the medicine. By the end of the night, I have started feeling quite a bit better. The headache goes away, just about all the pain subsides. By Friday morning, everything is great again.

I've been taking ibuprofen trying to see if it helps. It's my most consistant meal. It's not really helping, except for maybe helping some so it's not completely unbearable. I've got 2 more weeks before I go back in to the doctor to get blood work redone.

Long story short: Long live the weekend.

No comments: