Friday, October 19, 2007

Cell phone problems

I've been trying to call Adam for the better part of the last week. At times I got a phone that said the VM box was not yet set up, other times I got some dude that wasn't Adam, and was upset about it.

It turns out that it wasn't isolated to just calling Adam. I called a couple of people today, and ended up calling someone on a number that was completely different than the one I intended. I figured out what actually happened. At times from calling from the contacts list, the number would call wrong, if I dialed the number directly, the number would go through correctly. (I started asking what number I dialed after I got the wrong number.)

I hear "they have had this problem before" with some of our Verizon phones. The 'solution' was to connect and update the phone SW. I did it, we will see if it works or not.

1 comment:

~ Amy said...

I've been having trouble calling Darren (in Mexico). The number that sometimes but usually works (his hotel) I haven't been able to connect to in the last 24 hours. It just beeps at me and won't connect. I'm starting to wonder if they changed the country code on me or if I've reached my allowed number of calls to Mexico and now there is a government block on calls to Mexico from our line... stranger things have happened...