Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Free as in Pizza

I've talked about stuff that pops up on slickdeals.com from time to time. Occasionally it's something I'm interested in. Less occassionally than that, it's something I'm interested in, could actually use, and have the money to buy.

Tonight they posted a deal where you could get a free medium one topping pizza from Dominos when you order online. (It looks like a regional thing, you have to put in your zip code to see.) I ordered a pizza for pickup, the total price was $0.00, which is a pretty good deal. (I could have gotten delivery for $1.50) I went over to pick up the pizza, the place was going nuts. There were 4 guys ahead of me, 3 behind me, it looked like they had all gotten free pizzas. A number of the guys ahead of me added things to their orders, like dessert pizza and stuff, making the employees even busier. There were a bunch of employees there, so I figure they were prepared for the rush, unlike Little Ceasars a couple of weeks ago. I suppose they are trying to get people interested in the online ordering, and they are making money on it with the additional ordering. While I was there, there were 3 delivery people running in to get more pizzas to go deliver.

Tara wanted a slurpee, I stopped at 7Eleven on the way back. That place was even crazier than Dominos. Lots of people were getting drinks and slurpees, and one dude was well over 7 foot tall.

I don't know what the deal was, at least at 7Eleven, (Dominos was clearly busy from the free pizzas.) maybe everyone was headed out to get some comfort food after the Cubs lost game 1 of their series with the Diamondbacks...

No comments: