Friday, October 26, 2007

Pumpkin dessert

We have a ward party tonight, they are having a pumpkin dessert contest. I signed up, but refuse to go the pumpkin pie or pumpkin bars route. I've already made my pumpkin pi, so that's ready, but I figured I needed to go just a little further.


I decided to make a pumpkin dessert. Mary and Emma were a little surprised to find out this is what the inside of a pumpkin looked like. (City kids)

I hollowed the beast out, and lined it with several layers of Saran Wrap and Cling Wrap.

The first layer was chocolate pudding.


After the chocolate pudding, I put in Cool Whip. Then I got a bunch of cheesecake pudding, and poured it in. It turns out that Cool Whip will float on pudding that's not set, so I ended up with a cheesecake pudding/cool whip mixture.


I tried to put something in that would keep the top layer of pudding from allowing the cool whip to float to the top. My solution was Halloween edition M&Ms. It mostly worked.

The top layer of pudding was vanilla. I put more cool whip on top of that. Before we go tonight, I plan to put vanilla wafers on to top it off. (Tara suggested waiting so that the vanilla wafers don't get soggy.)We put the lid on, and voila - pumpkin dessert. There is no use of the secret ingredient, but I should get full points for presentation.

No comments: