Thursday, August 10, 2006

Apricot tree location - Vote Now!

I have taken a few pictures of the potential locations for our new tree. Look over them, then post a comment to select your favorite. (Listed in no particular order...)
#1 - Front yard, smack dab in the front of the window in the front room. When the trees grows larger, it would be sure to evoke the song "I looked out the window, and what did I see..."
#2 - Front yard, right in the middle of the drive. The right hand side of the drive would be torn out, the left kept for a walkway. The car would be parked at the street. (Not such a bad thing, really.)
#3 - Right side of the house, just in front of the car port. This would give shade to the kitchen. Tara would like it because I would never park the car there again. Quite a bit of concrete would need to be broken up and hauled off to make this happen.
#4 - Middle of back yard, towards the back. I could bring out a little semi circle (Really a semi ellipse) of stone, likely 2 layers high, as an extension of the wall that's still not completed. This would isolate the tree a little from the yard and make it look like we planned that all along.
#5 - Back yard, corner of the garden. The stones already hedge in this little spot. It's sitting on some dead weeds, this would be removed. To the right is a tomato plant that seems to be taking over all available space. The yard is in need of mowing.#6 - Back yard, near the house. This is right next to the old stump. This spot would have lots of shade (still not sure that's a good thing), and would also evoke the little song. I also worry that this is the coldest spot in the yard, and don't want the tree loosing it's blossoms every year, if I can avoid it...

Vote now, the tree is to be planted by mid-september at the latest. (Waiting for the daytime highs to drop 7-10 degrees...)

2 comments:

Mom said...

I vote #5, I think it would do really well there, and it could still be seen from the French doors, thus evoking the little song....

Dave said...

I vote #1, but I am not really familiar with the back yard so I cannot picture how the back yard spots work with the whole back yard.