Monday, August 28, 2006

Netflix profiles

I have discovered something new - Netflix profiles. Basically, Tara, the Girls, and I each have a separate profile. Each profile is assigned 1 disk at a time. This way, the girls can make their selection, and when they decide to sent that one back, they get another of their selections. Previously, we tried to bring disks to the top as we got around to it, but more often than not, we got the sets that Tara and I wanted to watch. Sometimes we would have 2 or 3 of a TV series together at the same time.

Not anymore. The girls have theirs. Taras profile has nothing but Star Trek Voyager (She's currently in the middle of season 2.) I have gotten rid of all ratings for my profile, except for things I wanted. No longer will Netflix try to get me to get The Wiggles, or some girly movie. (I leave that to Tara...)

Anyway, I hope to broaden Tara's horizons a little with my profile. First up is The Tick (animated series), which releases on DVD tomorrow. Right after that is Barney Miller - Season 1. It will be much easier to get things like Buck Rodgers, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Huckleberry Hound, and MST3K to trickle to the top...

No comments: