Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Cell Phone Bill

I use my cell a lot. At least a lot more than some of my co-workers. We have a pooled plan in the office, and the way it was explained to me was that there is something like 150 phones, and when one person only has 45 minutes worth of calls for the month, it makes so they don't really care so much about us high use people. On top of that, it's verizon for the group, and verizon to verizon doesn't count against the pooled minutes.

Having said that, I still get a statement every month listing every call I make. I'm not sure what percentage of the calls are actually dinging the plan, but the plan is not going over, so no one worries about it.

In July, I had 1444 minutes on my cell. This is up about 200 minutes from the previous month. That's over 45 minutes per day. Every month I look at this statement and can't believe it. Then I have days like yesterday at work, and it all makes sense.

The good news is that I wanted to use more of the unlimited nights and weekends minutes, and I brought that up by about 200 minutes from last time. (I just failed to bring down the peak minutes any.)

I also get 250 pages per month, I really only use this for having my monitor page me when critical machines go down, so it's not a bad thing use is very low. Tonight I am patching and rebooting everything, so I will hit 15 pages tonight, eclipsing last months total overall.

Anyway, give me a call, just don't be suprised if it goes directly to voicemail...

No comments: