Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The weather here is nice...

It's really out here in Ft. Collins. Not too hot, not too cool, that kind of thing. I guess I shouldn't say that, concidering what happened yesterday back home...

They had a freak storm blow through town, and really made a mess. Planes at the airport were tossed around like little kids' gliders. They had 168 power poles broken and snapped, according to a very reliable source. (The paper said 50...) I talked to Drew today, they still have a section of town evacuated, they likely won't have power for a week. I talked to Sorrel, who lives down near there, he didn't get evacuated, but has no power. He is having B-B-Que for every meal. Sorrel said that a bunch of people on his street are freaking out, his response is that they have been told for a long time to have a year's supply, this is just a warm up for the real thing.

Tara and the girls are fine, don't worry. The storm headed our direction, I guess, but didn't get the power it had on the other side of town. Tara says she went out and didn't see anything wrong, even the garden looks ok. I'll give my secondary assessment on Friday...

I'd like to publically thank Tom and Drew for going by and checking on Tara and the girls. Thanks.

No comments: