Saturday, August 12, 2006

Raining sideways



Tonight we had a little storm blow in, for a little bit, it was raining sideways. (Again, but not with nearly as much force as a couple of weeks ago...)

This would have been fine, except I put a coat of paint on the bottom side of my chair several hours before that. (No sign of the storm then...) It looks like the wet got just barely far enough in (10 feet, at least) to our car port to get the chair wet and splatter dirt up onto the part touching the ground. (You can also see the fine sanding job I gave the one piece. Just remember that it's my trial run, by the time I was sanding the thing, I had already been mad at the guy who wrote the plans wrong... The first chair is always the worst, I plan to get better...)

Anyhow, assuming nothing bad has happened - the paint drys fast here, and it's outdoor paint, so I assume it's ok - on Monday, I hope to turn it over, give the top the final coat of paint, and call the chair finished. Stay tuned for another picture...

No comments: