Thursday, August 17, 2006

Bringing new meaning to the term "Tongue in Cheek"

When I was 18 or 19, I had my wisdom teeth out. While they were in there, they scarred up the inside of my cheeks on each side, the right better than the left. (I figure they had something in there keeping the jaws apart, I was competely out, so I don't know. I also got bad dry sockets after. There's this dentist in Buffalo I would not recommend...)

Anyway, with the scarring on the cheek, I from time to time will accidentally bite the scar and hurt it. This is not pleasant. This is one of the main reasons I rarely chew gum, it took a while for me to learn that little lesson...

This morning, when leaving the house, I accidentally bit my cheek. It's driving me crazy. The biggest problem is that once I do it, the scar swells up, and gets nicked over and over during the day. Simply maddening.

No comments: