Saturday, August 26, 2006

The chair is finished

I finally finished the chair. It's shiny because I just barely finished paining the thing. Tomorrow after church, I will drag it out of the shed, and set it on the front porch.

Having finished the thing (version 1.0), I will make some changes for the next(version 2.0). I would:
  1. Not use the same pattern as this one. I had to make some modifications on the fly just to get this one put together. I would make some minor changes to the next one so that it's build even better.
  2. I would paint the pieces before putting anything together. Having made one, I won't worry that the pieces are wrong or anything. This will make the painting MUCH easier. I can cut it, sand it properly, and get it painted without trouble. Then I would put it together, putty the holes, and put a little more paint one the thing.
  3. I would not leave so much time between working on it. It should have been done much sooner this summer.
Anyway, it's done. What do you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice job john.

rob

Mom said...

It's beautiful! Congrats! Can't wait to try it out in a couple of weeks.....

Mom said...

It's beautiful! Congrats! Can't wait to try it out in a couple of weeks.....