Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Emma and Ruth's favorite song

Emma and Ruth's favorite song is "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree."

Now we have an apricot tree. President Monsivais gave it to me. It has had a little bit of a rough life so far, but things are now looking up for it. I just have to figure out where to put it... I figure there are a number of options:
  • The first rung (and lowest level) of the garden. This would give a little shade to the garden, and maybe help things like peas, lettuce, and broccoli grow
  • The front yard by the drive
  • The driveway itself. I'm not adverse to tearing out the concrete
  • The corner of the back yard where the Box Elder used to be. This wouldn't give a lot of shade, and I'm not sure how well it would grow.
  • Somewhere else
It's a Goldbar Apricot, in case you were wondering, not that it means anything past 'apricot' to me. Our neighbors across the street cut their apricot tree down last year, it was a sad day. The trees are 3-4 in bearing, typically, so don't come around until then.

No comments: