Thursday, March 01, 2007

Construction glue is not a toy

Back in the day, Rob and I were both working for Rob's brother-in-law, Kevin. We were framing houses. (This was before Rob fell down from a 2nd floor to a first floor and broke his arm...)

One day that summer, we were putting down a floor. I don't remember how things escalated (I think it started with an accidental swipe with the glue gun.), really, but at some point, I ended up getting (not on accident) construction glue all over Rob's legs. (Rob has (or had) kind of hairy legs, by the way.) Shortly after, I was not paying attention, and Rob got the glue in the back of my shorts and let loose on it. Having a large glob of construction cement is not a good feeling, by the way.

Well, it felt quite funny, and we decided that we needed to get cleaned up before things solidified. (Especially for me, I didn't want to be wearing the same pair of shorts for the next month...) We drove home and headed for the bathrooms. (Luckily Jamestown 21 had 2 bathrooms) It was a little easier for me to get cleaned up, while I had a larger dose, there was less hair involved. Rob sat in the bath for a very long time. I think I was peeling construction glue off of various parts of myself for about a week...

No comments: