Monday, March 26, 2007

Library "project"

The Project management people decided to try to go forward with a project for the library at the end of last year that wasn't really 'open'. (This means we (engineering) were too busy to work on the thing.) They tried to get me to come to their meetings, but I refused, not having the time to work on a project that wasn't really a project.

What the library needed was the ability to replicate their production catalog DB to their stage environment, quicker than restoring from backup tapes. I agreed to work on the problem on a 'best effort' basis. At the beginning of the year, I had the problem 90% figured out, but school started, we got busy, and real projects (and things like DST) got in the way. I only got back to looking at it today.

I have the problem working, but it might be a while before I get it implemented. OR I might do it tomorrow. Hard to say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes you remind me of the Dilbert cartoon.

rob

jjp said...

Sometimes I wonder where that guy keeps getting his material from....