Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Visiting the Math Lab

We went to visit the Math Lab today. (It pi day - 3.14) They were having a little luncheon. It's been nearly 5 years since we moved out of our old Data Center, and they moved in. I went to check some of the stamps I did back in the day that listed my tenure in the room, there are still there.

Sorrel asked the old department head if he was ready for me to start my graduate work yet. He kind of didn't say anything, I responded by saying that I wasn't quite over my undergraduate work yet, or lack thereof. He kind of laughed, and said he didn't remember the past, which I thought was a very diplomatic answer...

5 years ago, we did a little horse trading. I had one class left to graduate, but was busy, and got a "D". We traded my getting us out of the Data Center for him counting the D as good enough for credit. I think they got a pretty good deal out of it, but I'm not ready to go back to school, and I'm not sure I would do Math at this point.

No comments: