Saturday, March 10, 2007

New shoes

I have been wearing a pair of dress shoes for about 6 months that hurt my feet. They really hurt my feet, on Mondays, I always have a huge bruise on my ankle from the day before.

I had a better pair, these were older than that pair, but the shoes eventually fell apart (literally). It's hard for me to fine a pair of shoes, and I dislike shopping for them so much, that I have put it off until today. (I came home Wednesday night and let Tara know that I was never wearing the other pair again. She didn't want me wearing sneakers to church, so we went today...)

I have to get size 11W or 11.5 M. That's for my left foot. (Since I shattered my ankle.) My right foot is more a 10.5 W or 11M, but there really aren't any places that will let you buy 2 different sizes of shoes. I need to find someone with the same problem but on the other foot, we could go shopping together...

My other problem, is that most shoes either will not go on that left foot, or rub against the ankle and scars funny. Usually it takes quite a bit of time and effort to find a pair of shoes that is comfortable. Today it wasn't all that bad. I found an acceptable pair in the second store I visited.

As an added bonus, the shoes are advertised as being waterproof. I really do not like to have wet socks... Hopefully that doesn't mean my feet will sweat in the shoes.

No comments: