Saturday, March 24, 2007

I missed the "Iron Chef" episode where they dragged out the 2 live pigs...

At Christmastime, we had 2 different people give us very large spiral hams. These were cut up, put in ziplock bags, and put in the big freezer out back. I haven't been very motivated to cook the ham since that time, and we still have a lot of it. I really can't think of too many ways to cook the ham. (Ok just 3: boiled with beans; fried ham and fried eggs; and broiled in the oven)
Tonight we had boiled with beans. It wasn't bad. I wouldn't eat it every night, but it wasn't bad. It would have been a whole lot better if we had coleslaw with it, but Tara was gone, and I didn't have any cabbage.

Anyone have any good recipes involving ham? I really haven't done much looking around, but we need to start working our way through it.

No comments: