Wednesday, May 23, 2007

22 years ago today...

I was siting in the front room of the house playing Defender and Donkey Kong on our old (it's old now, at least) ColecoVison. We had that front sun room in the house in Buffalo. It was ki nd of nice sometimes, when the screens were in and you could sit out there. It was kind of cold sometimes when it was the middle of the winter. (But the freezing temperature didn't stop me from sitting there before school playing a round of Donkey Kong...)
There was also the time I dropped the bowling ball down the front steps and took a chuck out of the bottom step. And the time I accidentally flung the bottom of a clarinet and hit Amy square in the head with it. And the time I was being tormented by Drew on the other side of the large plate glass window and put my fist through it.

Maybe the front room wasn't all that fun after all...

There was that crawl space in the basement with the treasures from the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's...

Tara, Mom, and Rob called today to wish me a happy birthday. They all seemed to call at bad times. I feel kind of bad, I really didn't have time to talk to anyone. Work had my blood pressure up, and Rob caught me in the 2 minute break between stake meetings. Rob promised to whip me in Age of Empires tomorrow night, which I'm more than happy to oblige him in.

Tomorrow I start annoying my coworkers with one of the birthday presents Tara got me. More on that later. The girls got me just what I wanted - new dress socks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where's the mention of thursday night game time?