Monday, May 21, 2007

Restaurant Review

Chuck-A-Rama

For lunch, we went out to eat. (Except for Kate, who was still in school.) Today's lunch (and this Friday's dinner) was brought to us courtesy of the "Mom and Dad birthday money fund." Thanks, by the way. Ruth and I got the cards in the mail today.)

Anyway, we sat down to eat, I ended up spilling an entire glass of drink into my plate and all over the table. The girls seemed impressed. I couldn't find the waitress, so I used about 20 napkins cleaning up. The waitress eventually came and took my plate away.

Since the place was a buffet, this didn't phase me too much, I just went back and got the same stuff I had just poured stuff onto. Shortly after, Tara spilled her drink all over the table. I was just glad I didn't have my laptop anywhere nearby. The girls started eating Tara's ice that was all over the table. The waitress came back, and offered to get us lids for our glasses so that the girls couldn't spill them anymore. That was the right response, I think...

The food was good, the girls seemed to enjoy it, and we got done just in time to get Kate from school.

Instead of getting the girls all kinds of dessert, Tara got them slurpees. (They have a slurpee machine there.) The girls really, really liked them. We have a new go to item for cross country trips. Give them a Slurpee, they'll be happy for hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they may be happy, but can they sit still?