Friday, May 11, 2007

Successful Bocce Tournament

Our little tournament at work ended today. I designed the trophy myself.
Preston (who I had as a #2 seed) and James (who I had as a #16 seed) played each other for the championship.
{Preston is on the left, James on the right} It was a close match, they kept tying each other, and only getting 1 or 2 points at a time.
James ended up winning. As you can see, he's clearly excited about his prize. (Please ignore anything you can make out on the whiteboard behind us.)
It's funny, I ranked him #16 because he was the only student in the tournament, and he had never played Bocce before. Now everyone wants to have a 2nd tournament, and expand it through all of our engineering department. They plan to put together a 64 player tourney, post it results on our website, and get it done before the Summer BBQ. I may have started a monster. (Although I doubt they will be able to come up with as good a trophy and the one I made...)

No comments: