Friday, May 18, 2007

Really fast connection

I have had 2 hits to this page from someone using an OC3 speed connection. This is a very fast (compared to most) fiber connections. OC3 is supposed to be at 155 Mbps. My connection at home is 10Mbps. My old cable modem was 6 Mbps. I think DSL is at around 1.5 Mbps, but I can't remember anymore.

I can only assume this was a server in some data center somewhere. They don't have those speeds to residential lines, do they? Who would want something that fast, unless they had some sort of business in the home.

Google Analytics reports that the connection came from the US, but the City and State were not set. The machine that hit the page was using Windows and Internet Explorer. Not much else can be said about the connection. I suspect the government. (NSA is just checking up on me.) I won't worry about it until it starts happening a lot, and some unmarked van with no windows ends up parked across the street from the house.

No comments: