Friday, May 18, 2007

Breaking my games

I've been playing with Age of Empires tonight, trying to get it to play my own music when the game plays. Right now, in the game selection/setup screens, (all screens before the game actually starts) I have it playing "I Feel Free" by Cream. Not a bad start, but I would like the game to play anything from a particular directory it finds. (It seems to do just fine with mp3 files) I'm not sure that it will work, and I am certain that it will end up being unsupported if anything goes wrong.

Tara is friends with a lady in the ward whose brother is one of the Age of Empires developers. Maybe I will have to strike up a conversation with her and plant an enhancement request. (And she told Tara if they made any more of these, she can get me a copy, but she'll likely move out of the ward by that time...)

Anyway, if I can't get the music to work, I may go back to creating funny game taunts. Tara's current phone ringer is "Tara, please answer the phone, it's me, John."

No comments: